Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Looking at God with Forever Eyes

I know that my redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes—I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!  (Job 19:25-27)

We all share his yearning to see God. Can you imagine seeing God? One glimpse would take your breath away. It would be more than your earthly eyes could handle. Yet how many time shave you thought that if you could see God a little better, see some evidence of His existence, some proof of His love, some confirmation of His protection, then you could have faith? Then you could face the unknown. Then you could handle life. If only you could see God. 

Look at Jesus 
We often miss seeing the Father because we're not looking at the Son. The writer to the Hebrews tells us that " The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word (Heb 1:3a) The One at the Father's side is Jesus, and we can see God because we can see Jesus. Someday we'll see Jesus face to face in His glorified body. Someday our faith will turn to sight and we shall behold Him. Yet for the here and now, we see Jesus by looking with Forever Eyes.  

Get to Know Jesus
Jesus said, "Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, who you have sent" (Jn 17:3). How do we get to know someone? By spending time that person; by sharing our life with that person; by making that person a high priority in our life. The same is true in getting to know Jesus. We must get to know Jesus through the Bible, specifically through the four Gospels. Read about Jesus with Forever Eyes and with a prayer that God will open your eyes to understanding and help you to truly get to know Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment