What is false guilt?
False guilt is a guilt we impose upon ourselves. We allow it to take root in our minds, to start causing all kinds of bad feelings, to feed us all kinds of lies, which we begin to believe. Here are some examples of false guilt. It is:
- What we feel when we keep remembering what God has forgiven and forgotten
- What we feel when someone appears to be disappointed in us
- What we feel when we have to say "no"
- What we feel when we live with unrealistic expectations of ourselves
- What we feel when we allow others to dictate what and who we should be