Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Clearing Your Conscience

In speaking before Felix the governor, Paul was able to honestly say that he always tried to keep his conscience clear before God and man. Having a clear conscience is the best stress reducer you’ll ever find. 

I lived ten years of my business life away from God, doing my own thing, with a deteriorating lifestyle that did not bring glory to God. For ten years I had a heavy conscience. When finally I came to the end of my own rope and gave my life back to God in complete surrender, I was amazed to see how wonderful life was with a clear conscience. 

I had actually forgotten what it was like to be able to think about what you had done the past day or week or month and have no heavy conscience about it. I had forgotten how sweet it was to go to bed at night with no regrets. I had forgotten the freedom of knowing there was nothing that could be found out about me to embarrass me or shame me. 

If you’ve been living with something on your conscience, you may have forgotten how wonderful it is to have a clear conscience. Let me urge you to do whatever you have to do to keep that clear conscience before God, and then of course you’ll have a clear conscience before people as well. When you don’t lie, you don’t have to worry about covering up. When you do your work well, you don’t have to worry about getting caught. When you’re true and loyal to your relationships, you don’t have to worry about being found out.

What do you need to do today to have a clear conscience before God and man? Don’t delay whatever it is. You’re in for great stress relief and new joy when you do.

So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.

                                                                                                                    Acts 24:16            

No comments:

Post a Comment