Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Overcoming Fears of the Future


Many people are dealing with the harsh reality of layoffs and “rightsizing.” Has it happened to you? Perhaps you’re facing the possibility of accepting a position with less pay, or losing that overtime money, or doing without that big bonus you were counting on.

This is a good time to check out what and who you really trust. Employment and financial insecurity can quickly reveal some hidden fears within us. Losing that security—or even just having it threatened--can make us see how much we’ve depended on ourselves instead of our God. 

There have been nights that I’ve lain in my bed, sleepless, wondering where the money was coming from to meet my needs. Those were faithless nights of panic and worry. I’m learning to go back to the basics of this wonderful verse and remind myself that God has committed himself to take care of me and meet all of my needs. His riches in Christ Jesus are beyond measure and overflowing. Therefore, I can–and must–learn to trust him.

If you're facing job or money insecurity today, ask God to make this a time when you learn to trust him in new ways. You may discover that this can be an incredibly meaningful time of learning to trust God.

                And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
                                                                                                                                Philippians 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment