Studies tell us that 25% of women will suffer from depression; 10% of men will suffer from depression. For women the onset is usually between ages 15 and 19. For men it is between 25 and 29.
- Exercise – one of the most important ways to manage depression. Exercise whether you feel like it or not. Serotonin and endorphins are stimulated by exercise, and make you feel better.
- Healthy dieting and sleep patterns
- Small groups – support groups – but not a small group of gripers and complainers
- Counseling – Sometimes you need someone to walk alongside you – maybe someone who doesn’t know you as a friend, but can be objective. Counseling can help you un-learn wrong thinking.
- Medication – takes 8 weeks to feel the effect.