Saturday, August 6, 2011

Pizazz I Can Take Home

Mary is back from Africa now. The highlight stories have been recounted, the bags are unpacked and put in storage, the reports have been made, and the photos will soon be filed. The trip was exciting and rewarding and worthwhile. But now the pizazz is neutralized by the return to regular life. Does that mean that the normal work days that lie ahead for us now will be mundane and of no account?

Nope! Here’s why. We continue to reach out to encourage marketplace Christians, to apply biblical principles to work day issues, to help Christians live out their faith on the job. And in return, we hear comments like this one that just arrived in my inbox:
      This web site has been a great inspiration to my life as a "Christian Working Woman". It has been a blessing to my life.

Or like this one Mary received recently:
      Mary, thank you so much for your inspiring messages. Your messages touch me to the bones. I have always desired to make a difference in people’s lives in my daily work and walk with God. You should know you have contributed a great deal in this.

Or like this comment after a seminar:
      I am inspired to go back to work to put in practice what I learned.

As long as lives are changed and there is evidence of God’s work through our efforts, can our work ever be called mundane? No. I would say that is real pizazz to take home at the end of the workday.

No comments:

Post a Comment