Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Positive or Negative?

A study shows if we have a positive experience, we tell three people. But if we have a negative experience, we tell eleven people! Whoa! When I read that I caught my breath. Do I really do that? I suppose the negatives test our character, so they may become exaggerated in our minds; we think about them, talk about them more, and become more disturbed by them. And it looks like we make a lot of other people share in our trouble too.

But that isn’t how I want to be. You neither, I would suppose. So how do we become more positive?

It's good to look at what Paul wrote: "Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything..." (Ephesians 5:19-20). Paul didn't write that we are to feel thankful, but we can still choose to be thankful by reciting words of thanks and by thinking about our Father, the God over all.

If you are having some difficulty with your work attitude now, are you willing to put this passage to the test? First, start singing in your heart to the Lord. Then thank God for whatever it is that you don't like in your life right now. Then tell 3 people about something positive in your life. And by a set of your will, choose to be thankful. Now that’s a challenge for all of us.

For me, this is the perfect week to begin to apply this test. I’ll let you know later how I’m doing. Who else is willing to rise to this challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment