Thursday, March 31, 2011

Have You Been Framed?

What have you been complaining about lately?

I used to complain about having so much to do that I could never get it all done. My first thoughts when I woke up would be about all I had to do that day, and worrying how I would get it done. My conversations frequently revolved around my busy schedule.

God’s Holy Spirit began to convict me of how wrong I was to complain about anything, but particularly about being busy. So, I began putting it in a different frame. I began to say to myself, “Mary, how blessed you are that you have more to do than you will get done. How extraordinary that God has entrusted you with lots of good things to do. Imagine how bored you would be if you didn’t have much to do!” Do you get the idea? As a result, I truly began to see my daily schedule in a different frame, and it changed my attitude, reduced my stress, made me more joyful—it worked.

I still have to work at it, but when I re-frame, it helps a lot. Whatever you’ve been complaining about lately, try putting it in a different frame. God will help you; you can do it. Then, please let me know how it works out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment