Monday, December 13, 2010

How to Pray for Others

It’s always agreeable to receive encouragement from our followers, but the message below was especially meaningful. Traci identified specific ways she was praying for the ministry and for me personally, and I saw her prayers as a vital ministry in itself. I asked her for permission to share her words with you, because I thought we might all benefit from seeing her approach to prayer. Her practice of prayer can apply to our prayers for anyone else, for our co-workers, for our families, or even for our “enemies” (Matthew 5:44).

“Sometimes I just think about how thankful I am that God sent you to me and how much I have learned from you and The Christian Working Woman. I am thinking what an example you have been – an excellent example. I am thinking of how weak I was when I started working and was blown away by the things that I experienced. In the beginning I just didn’t know how to handle things. I was such a wimp! I am remembering all the days I would take off because I didn’t want to deal with people or situations. Wow. God must have said, “This poor child of mine needs help!” Just as I was moving on to another job, because I had quit one, I was introduced to you and your ministry. Just in time, because the new job would really be something else, and I experienced all kinds of unbelievable things. But thanks to you and God, I did not quit and learned how to handle things and people. Not only have you helped me with my job, but you have helped me with my life. A big part of the reason I have grown so close to the Lord is because of your teaching. Thank you.”

“So anyway, I continue to pray for you personally and for the ministry. I am praying that your personal needs are met. God knows what they are. I pray for the ministry of The Christian Working Woman. I pray that all of your financial needs be met: technical costs, salaries, services, supplies, materials, daily costs. I pray for each of your bills, program costs, travel, equipment....and everything else. I am praying for overflow of finances so that you will be able to continue to be such a blessing to others. What you need, God's got it. He's got everything you need.”

 “I am praying for your continued health, joy and peace. May the Lord tell you what to do, when to do it and what to say. May He encourage you in a very special way so that you know that He sees you and loves you with all of His giant, enormous, world-wide sized heart. May you feel His loving, comforting arms around you and always know that He is with you.”

And reader, that is what I pray for you.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - what a wonderful encouragement this post is!!! I also pray for your ministry, but not it such detail. However, going forward, I will have a new pattern to follow. Thank you for your ministry and thank you for taking time to share this encouraging word. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I do believe in the power of prayer, and I know the ministry is strengthened by the prayers of those who support it. I appreciate your commitment to minister to us in that way.

    ReplyDelete