Monday, October 18, 2010

Let's Celebrate Success

This week on the radio broadcast Mary is talking about procrastination. When I heard the message I had to ask myself, “What am I procrastinating about?” The first thing that came to mind was losing the 5 pounds I’ve added recently. Oh no! Not that. I’ve kept saying I will tackle that when the rest of my life gets easier, when life’s current challenges are taken care of. Well, that’s never going to happen. That’s what I said about the other 5 pounds I added last year. (Oh yes, it’s true.)

But habits grab on and don’t want to let go. I REALLY did not want to make the changes I needed to in order to lose weight. But the little motto Mary talked about kept appearing before my eyes. For one thing, it was my job to design and order the magnets with the motto: Do it right and do it now! The verse on them is Colossians 3:23—Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord. Well, this isn’t work, but it is stewardship of my body, and that is one job Christians are given to do. So I responded to my conscience and got serious about weight loss. After one week, “Yipee!” I lost 2 pounds. I can’t believe it! Success. That sets me up to charge on in my pursuit. I actually can break a habit. I’m encouraged, so let me encourage you too.

What are you procrastinating about? Can you face it and determine to do it now? Let me know what your challenge is, what goal you’re setting, and we can support each other. Then we can celebrate success together.

No comments:

Post a Comment