Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Help For Heartache That Won’t Go Away

Sometimes we have such a heartache in our family or within ourselves that we can think of nothing else. It affects our work, and people at work notice it. But what can we do?

What Jesus wants us to do is leave our burden with him. When I have a troubling situation, each morning before I leave home I spend time taking my burden off my back and giving it away…to Jesus. He said I am to exchange my heavy burden for his light one. Trying to carry around this heavy burden with me all day saps all my energy. That’s what happens when I’m carrying the wrong burden.

I have to do this by faith, and I have to do it many times a day until I can truly learn to let go of the burden. I need to be prepared all through the day, so when thoughts of that burden invade my mind, I can turn it back over to the Lord. Jesus is qualified to carry my burden; I am not. He says, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28. That rest is what we all want.

Where does your rest, your comfort, your strength in trouble, come from?

No comments:

Post a Comment